Monday, January 02, 2006

Programming - and then there is...PRO-gramming

What we have in our lives are people, and books, all else, is entertainment of some sort. The people who bring about some difference in our existence, we remember them, usually for what they got us to see- the books we read, in some fashion go into those same lines, if I feel from reading it, likely it will stick with me. Same with programming - the strongest lessons tend to stick with me - what about you? What's your favorite language to program in? I have two - they conflict somewhat - I use a little C++ and some JAVA, have knowledge in others, as my favorite thing to get into is what a language will do - and there are many new ones coming out, RUBY as an example, and there are advances in the existing languages, AJAX, for example. In my feeble brain it occurs to me that there are people who do code, and then are people who take the art of their lives and put that into their programs. One such person is a great man I know - check out his web site at: http://www.cretesoft.com great folks at this place...loads of knowledge...but I find programmers are generally really bright types ...very creative types, what about you, do you find them to be such? Let me know what ya think out there... - Dana

2 comments:

Dr. D said...

Hi Bobby: Thanks for visiting the blog - leaving your new years wishes. The project is getting geared up...I fear it may be too late for this submission - that's the problem with the NSF - deadlines...but...who knows...between now and next 01/11 might get an idea that will be the one. Hope to hear more from you...

Dr. D said...

Got to go to this site...it is absolutely mind boggling...

http://www.edge.org/q2006/q06_index.html